SpeedAngle R4 is a simple yet powerful tool to analyze your ride. With G force color-coded on the trace and its unique graphs of speeds, lean angles, and longitudinal G’s, it provides visual clues to help relive your riding motions, find your riding style, and improve your cornering skill. Hold your mouse key and drag to define an area to create an Area Report. You can download/upload/edit/save track settings from/to your device, or even edit the track setting directly on a recorded trace!
Please download SpeedAngle R4 below and unzip first. Double click on the icon to launch it. No installation procedure is required.
Change log 0822 2018 (R4 APEX 009): Improved the folder browsing interface of log downloading. For the change log of past versions, please click here.
- Laptop Power Management: If you are downloading with your laptop, please make sure your battery management plan is set at HIGH PERFORMANCE. GMOS downloads at a speed 50 times higher than many UART devices to save download time. It requires the full capacity of the USB port. If your laptop is not set at high performance, you might encounter difficulty when downloading logs.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 and UP. You can go to Control Panel –> Uninstall a Program to check your .NET version. As long as your Windows is up-to-date, it will be fine.
- Mac Users: R4 can be run in Windows with Boot Camp or a virtual machine.
SpeedAngle R4 is an ongoing project. We will be adding more features to it periodically in the future. Please check back from time to time for the latest release.
View R4 tutorial videos below:
Connect and Download:
0:04 Connect with device
0:47 Change ID
1:07 Set file name format and download
2:35 Clear device memory
Load / Unload Logs:
0:04 Load logs
0:20 Unload logs
0:04 Trace components and colors
0:38 Progress bar
1:30 Zoom in/out, move the map
1:49 Fix the map
0:04 Graphs overview
0:57 Zoom in/out, extending graph height
1:12 Hide a graph or Map Area
1:35 Match graphs of different logs
0:04 Unload, hide
0:33 Set as Main trace
0:44 Dash components
1:18 Switch lap time between total time and running time
1:35 Dash menu
Select Single Laps:
0:04 Select single laps
1:02 Re-select single laps
Track Editor: Edit track setting of an existing log on its trace.
0:04 Enter Track Editor
0:19 Move a line, adjust its direction
0:39 Add a line
1:29 Remove a line
1:36 Save setting as a track file
1:50 Clear setting, discard and quit, apply and quit
2:04 Check new lap report
2:31 Save the edited log as a new log
2:49 Load a track file and directly apply to a log
Reports: Full Lap Report and Area Report
0:11 Open Lap Report
1:56 Create Area Report
Track Manager: Upload / Download / Create / Edit / Delete Tracks
0:04 Enter Track Manager, Manager overview
0:35 Line Editor overview
1:10 Load track files to Manager
1:35 Preview line contents
1:48 Upload tracks to device
2:11 Create a Finish Line from the start – Edit track name
2:32 Find coordinates with Google Earth
3:30 Adjust traveling direction
3:46 Repeat these steps to create sectors
6:54 Connect device and download tracks from device
7:06 Delete tracks from device
Setting Speed Unit and Download Speed:
Download the SpeedAngle SA to KMZ converter, and replay your ride 3D on Google Earth!
System requirement: Windows XP Service Pack 3 and above.
Download the model collection below if you want to have more fun and pick your own bike model color.
Models originally created by K…I…G…O…, uploaded to Google Sketchup 3D warehouse, modified by SpeedAngle Inc.
To visit the original model on Google Sketchup 3D warehouse, click here.
After download, double click on the file to start installation.
Mac users, please install the driver to your Windows with Boot Camp or a virtual machine.
Download the latest firmware here and upload it to your device.
1. Download Firmware
Please choose one to download according to your location:
DashApex ENGR014 – THIS UPDATE IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALL APEX USERS.
- It fixed the problem of intermittent lean angle mid turn reported by some users.
- It also supports both the original single orientation (horizontal only) sensor and the new dual orientation (horizontal/vertical) sensor. When paired with a dual orientation sensor, the system will show the system sensor orientation setting as SENSOR: HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL/NOT CONNECTED at the “SEARCHING FOR TRACKS…” screen and in the System Menu. When paired with the original single orientation sensor, it will show CONNECTED/NOT CONNECTED instead.
- The corresponding User Guide: APEX User Guide 0801 2018.
2. Connect Your Device
Launch SpeedAngle R4, go to MENU -> TOOLS -> LOG DOWNLOADER.
Click on “CONNECT DEVICE”. Once your timer has been connected, its firmware version will be shown at the bottom of the dialog window:
3. Upload Firmware
Click on “DEVICE FIRMWARE UPDATE” at the bottom. Read the warning message carefully, and then click OK.
Browse to find the firmware file you downloaded. The upload will take about 15 seconds. Once it is done, you will see “Firmware Update Success” beside the firmware version at the bottom of the dialog window.
During the update process, DO NOT power the device off, disconnect the device from the computer, or do anything that may interrupt the process. Otherwise, the firmware may be incomplete and can be fixed only by sending the device back to our warehouse.